Since starting an Asian skincare routine, the number of items in my regimen have increased quite a bit! While I’ve tested out a number of products this past year, I’ve settled into my current routine outlined below.
- Ultra Gentle Cleanser by Face Reality: Face Reality is a Bay Area acne clinic that sells products, provides training services, and offers treatment programs.
- Salicylic Toner by Face Reality: Per the description, “This non-alcohol toner has antimicrobial properties of salicylic and benzoic acid to help disinfect the skin. It will help to clean off any residual cleanser and bring the skin back to an acid pH without drying the skin.”
- Manyo Factory Galactomyces Niacin Special Treatment Essence: I apply a galactomyces product twice a day to maximize its benefits.
- Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream: This light, occlusive moisturizer seals everything in without feeling too heavy on my face. It also has snail secretion filtrate to help combat wrinkles!
- Bioré UV Rich Watery Essence: I switched from my previous sunscreen after falling in love with this one. Unlike previous sunscreens I’ve used, the Bioré UV Rich Watery Essence doesn’t leave a white cast or any oily residue on my face.
- Makeup: I only wear makeup when I go out or go to work, and it’s typically just powder, blush, eyeliner, and mascara. If I’m feeling fancy, I’ll use the trèStiQue Tint, Moisturize, Blend Face Stick since it’s so easy to apply. I usually put on whatever lipstick or chapstick I can fish out of my purse. As I’ve previously stated, I stopped wearing makeup before my wedding due to fear of breaking out and haven’t worn it regularly since. In fact, the most makeup I’ve worn this past year has been New Year’s Eve because when in Vegas…
- Ultra Gentle Cleanser by Face Reality
- 8% Mandelic Acid Serum by Face Reality: I’ve reduced my my alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) use to once a day because twice a day use was wrecking havoc on my moisture barrier. I was worried I would have more breakouts as a result, but that has yet to happen.
- 5% Benzyl Peroxide + Sulfur by Face Reality: Used occasionally to spot treat pimples.
- Manyo Factory Galactomyces Niacin Special Treatment Essence
- Stratia Liquid Gold: I credit this ceramide product with repairing my skin’s moisture barrier (also known as the stratum corneum).
- Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream
In the next few months, I’ll be testing out some new moisturizers and essences. I’m excited to see what improvements I can make to my skincare routine!