I’d like to share with you my current skincare routine, which hasn’t changed much in the past 2 years. I currently buy all my products through my esthetician which isn’t cheap, so we’ll see what products change as I try out Asian skincare items.
- Ultra Gentle Cleanser by Face Reality: Face Reality is a Bay Area acne clinic that sells products, provides training services, and offers treatment programs.
- Salicylic Toner by Face Reality: Per the description, “This non-alcohol toner has antimicrobial properties of salicylic and benzoic acid to help disinfect the skin. It will help to clean off any residual cleanser and bring the skin back to an acid pH without drying the skin.”
- 8% Mandelic Acid Serum by Face Reality: I’ve used glycolic acid in the past with mediocre results. Mandelic acid is a much gentler alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) which has had amazing results. I credit this serum for giving me the fewest acne breakouts in years.
- TIZO Ultra Zinc Body and Face Suncreen SPF 40 (Tinted or Untinted): I’m one of the lucky ones who has been wearing sunscreen daily since my 20s. TIZO is a physical sunscreen recommended by my esthetician due to my sensitive, acne-prone skin. I really like that it has a tinted version. Doesn’t match me exactly, but gets the job done for work days.
- Makeup: When I do wear makeup to work, it’s usually powder, blush, eyeliner, and mascara. I usually put on whatever lipstick or chapstick I can fish out of my purse once I get to work. In the months leading up to my wedding, I stopped wearing makeup completely due to fear of breaking out and haven’t started back up since.
- Ultra Gentle Cleanser by Face Reality
- Clarisonic Brush with Sensitive Brush Head: I purchased a Clarisonic several years ago hoping clearing my pores. Unfortunately, what resulted was a breakout that needed prescription medication is fix. Since then, I’ve switched to a sensitive brush head, which has helped my skin immensely. I also only use the Clarisonic when I shower, which first thing I do after work to wash off hospital germs.
- Salicylic Toner by Face Reality
- 8% Mandelic Acid Serum by Face Reality
- 5% Benzyl Peroxide + Sulfur by Face Reality: Used occasionally to spot treat pimples.
Most of these products are tried and true for me, so I’m a little hesitant to shake up my routine too much. My hope is to continue using these products while supplementing with Asian skincare products to promote antiaging and reduce post-acne scarring and hyperpigmentation. Hoping for the best!